PO Box Box 11, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu, India 624101
Residence: Skambha Estate, Aeon Centre of Cosmology,
Perumalmalai, Tamil Nadu India 624108
Telephone: India: 04542-230245
Telephone: Foreign: 91-4542-230245
Birthdate: 5 January 1938, USA.
Married in 1956 to Mr. Fernando Bachelet, diplomat of the Government of Chile, who retired in 1994 with the rank of Ambassador. He formerly held an elected post in the Party for Democracy of Chile and was senior member of the Governing Council of the Chilean Human Rights Commission. Ms. Michelle Bachelet, former President of Chile, is the niece of Fernando Bachelet and Ms. Norelli-Bachelet.
Two Children: Daughter born in 1958 – Dr. Vivienne Bachelet-Norelli (neuro-surgery). She was formerly Vice-president (elected) in charge of Women’s Affairs of the Socialist Party of Chile now in power; and is presently the Founder/Director of Medwave Chile.
Son born in 1963 – Mr. Pablo Bachelet-Norelli. He is former Executive Editor of the Dow Jones USA foreign language publication, AmericaEconomia. From 2002–04 he was In charge of Reuters’ Latin American desk; 2004–08 Washington correspondent for the Miami Herald. He is listed in International Who’s Who. Currently is Chief of Media Relations for the Inter-American Development Bank, Washington D.C.
Ms. Norelli-Bachelet founded Aeon Centre of Cosmology in 1980. She is the Director of the Centre and from this place carries out her research and writing on subjects related to the establishment of a Gnostic Society along the lines initiated by Sri Aurobindo, on the basis of a new cosmology. She is also:
– Founding member and President of Aeon Trust, established in India, 1986.
– Founder and Director of Aeon Books, established in India, 1975.
– Managing Director of Caroselle Dairy Products Pvt Ltd, established in India, 2000.
– Prescribed Authority, Animal Welfare Board of the Government of India. 2002. Oversees welfare of horses in Karnataka and other States.
– International Convenor, Matrimandir Action Committee, 2003 – 2008.
Fluent in English, Spanish, Italian, French and Portuguese.
Knowledge of Hindi and Tamil.
Working knowledge of Sanskrit.
The Magical Carousel (1973), Aeon Books
Second illustrated edition 1979, Aeon Books
Dutch translation, De Magische Carrousel, Mirananda Publishers, 1989
Commentaries on The Magical Carousel (1979), Aeon Books
Symbols and the Question of Unity (1974), Servire Publishers, The Netherlands
September Letters (1974), Aeon Books
The Gnostic Circle (1975), Aeon Books
American trade paperback edition 1978, Samuel Weiser Inc., USA
German Edition 1977, Fischer Verlag, Germany
Third English Edition, Aeon Books, 1994
The Hidden Manna (1976), Aeon Books
The New Way, Volumes 1 & 2 (1981), Aeon Books
The New Way, Volume 3 (2005), Aeon Books
The New Way, Volume 4 (in press)
Time & Imperishability (1997), Aeon Books
The Tenth Day of Victory (2003), Aeon Books
Kashmir and the Convergence of Time, Space and Destiny (2004), Aeon Books
Explorations into the Leonardo Mania (2006), Aeon Books
Secrets of the Earth (2009), Aeon Books
The Sacred Fullness (in press)
Chronicles of the Inner Chamber (in press)
The Vishaal Newsletter
– Bimonthly articles on the latest discoveries in a new cosmology, (1985-1995)
Chronicles of the Inner Chamber
– Manifesto & 12 Essays on The Mother’s Chamber, (2003)
The Partition of India – its cause, its purpose (2009)
– chronicled on Puranic Cosmology Updated (2011)
‘In Defense of the Ancient Culture’, The Hindu, 7 November 2000
‘Vedic Astrology Isn’t Vedic’, Indian Express, 3 June 2001
‘Caste, Culture and Cosmos’, World Affairs, (New Delhi), Vol. 6, No.1, Jan-Mar 2002
‘Cosmology in the Rigveda – The Third Premise’, The Hindu, 9 July, 2002
‘Kashmir and the Convergence of Time, Space and Destiny, Prakash Bhagavaan Gopinath, Part. I, April/June 2002, Part. II, July/Sept 2002, Part III, Oct/Dec 2003, Part IV, April/June 2003.
‘Explorations into the Leonardo Mania’, New Dawn, Part I, Vol 101, (March/April 2007), Part II, Vol 101, (May/June 2007).
‘India’s True History is in its Myths’, Bhavan’s Journal, Part I, Vol 54, no. 1 (August 15, 2007), Part II, Vol 54, no. 2 (August 31, 2007).
‘The Spirit That Moves Mountains’, NAAD (official organ of All India Kashmiri Sumaj), Vol 16, no.8 (August 2007).
‘Hindu Restoration – Reconnect to Ancient Vedic Roots’, Bhavan’s Journal, Part I, Vol 54, no. 10, (December 31, 2007), Part II, Vol 54, no. 11, (January 15, 2008), Part III, Vol 54, no. 12, (January 31, 2008), Part IV, Vol 54, no. 13, (February 15, 2008).
‘India and America – Part 1: Polar Opposites with a Common Role,’ Bhavan’s Journal, Volume 54, no. 21, (June 15, 2008), Part II, Vol 54, no. 22, (June 30, 2008).
‘The Churning of the Nuclear Ocean’, Bhavan’s Journal, Part I, Vol 55, no. 3 (September 15, 2008), Part II, Vol 55, no. 4 (September 30, 2008).
‘A Calendar That Unifies’, Bhavan’s Journal, Vol. 55, no. 18 (April 30, 2009).
Online Study Groups
The New Way Study Group: Moderator, 2004 – 2008
The Vishaal Study Group: Moderator, 2005 – 2008
The Movement for the Restoration of Vedic Wisdom: Moderator, 2006 – 2008
The Preparatory Study Group: Consultant, 2006 – 2008
Puranic Cosmology Updated, 2010-2011
Conferences & Seminars
Participant and Speaker: National Seminar on Origins of United Vedic Culture, 17 – 18 March, 2001, Hyderabad, (Presentation: ‘Cosmology, the Bridge to Antiquity’).
Moderator and Key Speaker: Intensive for The New Way Study Group, sponsored by Aeon Centre of Cosmology, held at Skambha, 9 – 18 August, 2005 (Presentation: ‘The Importance of Makar Sankranti in Hindu Calendar Reform’).
Moderator and Key Speaker: Conference on the Ennead of Convergence, sponsored by Aeon Centre of Cosmology and Movement for the Restoration of Vedic Wisdom, held at the Carlton Hotel, Kodaikanal, 20 – 26 September 2008.
Participant and Speaker: First National Conference on Panchanga Ganitam, sponsored by the Hindu Dharma Archarya Sabha, Tirumala, AP, 24 -27 December 2010
– Los Angeles City College, California, USA;
International Affairs and Languages, 1955-56
– Eugenie Leontavich Institute of Theatre Arts, Hollywood, California, USA; Theatre
Arts and Drama, 1954-56
– Italo-Chilean Institute of Culture, Santiago, Chile;
Italian language and literature, 1956-58
– University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA;
Spanish Classical Literature, 1958-59
– Totila Albert Academy of Sculpture, Santiago, Chile; Sculpture, 1958-62
– Academy of Fine Arts, University of Brazil, Rio de Janeiro; Sculpture, 1962-64
– Academy of Arts, Stockholm, Sweden; Painting and drawing, 1964-65
– Began serious study of Astrology, Stockholm, 1965
– Began serious study of philosophy, cosmology, mysticism, Rome, Italy, 1965-71
– Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education, Pondicherry, India: the practice of
Integral Yoga, 1971-1980; Hindi, 1976-79
– Interpreter in English, Spanish, Italian, French and Portuguese, Food and Agriculture
Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations, Santiago, Chile, 1959-62
– Film dubbing and film production work, Rome, Italy, 1965-70
– Teacher of Cosmology, Astrology, Philosophy and Yoga, 1970 to present
– Working knowledge of Sanskrit, Hindi, and Tamil
Residence in Santiago, Chile, 1956-58, 1959-62, on diplomatic mission
Residence in Charlottesville, Virginia, 1958-59, on diplomatic mission
Residence in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1962-64, on diplomatic mission
Residence in Stockholm, Sweden, 1964-65, on diplomatic mission
Residence in Rome, Italy, 1965-71
Residence in Pondicherry, India, 1971-80
Residence in Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu, India, 1980-1987
Residence at ‘Skambha’, Aeon Centre of Cosmology, Perumalmalai, Tamil Nadu, South India, 1987 to present